How to upload attachments
Attachments can be uploaded as PDFs or photos in two ways.
The Attachment Page – a quick way to upload multiple attachments at once and link them to transactions later
- Individual Transaction Forms – link attachments while you’re entering a new transaction
Uploading attachments on the Attachment Page:
- Go to the QuickBooks Attachments page: Gear > Attachments
- Upload attachments by dragging and dropping them here OR click the paper clip to select files
On this page you can also:
- Export a ZIP file of or create an invoice/expense with multiple selected attachments
- Print a list of your attachments
- Download an attachment
- Edit delete or create an invoice/expense with a single attachment
TIP: You can sort attachments by amount. When you click Edit for an attachment enter the amount in either the File Name or Notes field. Then back on the Attachments page click the Name or Note header to sort by that column.
Uploading attachments on a new transaction:
- Create a transaction by clicking Create (+)
- On the estimate form scroll down to the Attachments section
- You can either drag and drop new attachments or click Show existing to see a list of existing attachments you can link to on the right side of the form
TIP: You can email an attachment together with the form it’s linked to just click “Attach to email” and then click “Save and send”
Examples of attachments include contracts photos of paper receipts email receipts and any other document that will help you keep a comprehensive record of your transactions. If you need QuickBooks training or assistance reach out to Lindemeyer CPA. We have Certified QuickBooks Advisors on our team who can help you use and understand the software.