As a Louisville tax firm here are six reasons why we think it’s important to use a CPA and/or a CPA firm when dealing with taxes:
1. They are licensed professionals: According to the IRS from 2001 to 2010 there were over 4400 changes made to the tax code. In 2010 alone over 570 changes were made. With the current economy and federal deficit more changes are in store for future years. CPA’s are required to complete 80 hours of continuing education every 2 years to help them keep up with changes in the tax law so they can maximize deductions and limit one’s tax liability. They are licensed and held to higher standards by law to be ethical and are held to those standards by the government and other governing agencies like the AICPA and NASBA.
2. Most CPAs are stable and taking new clients. Most CPA firms have been in business for many years and have that experience to offer to their clients. They are capable of using their experience to help you maximize your return. Possibly it could take the average person hours to do their own return while not knowing all the deductions a taxpayer could use.
3. They retain your records for you. If you lose your stuff most CPA firms keep a scanned copy of your information plus your tax returns for a few years. They are usually extremely safe and confidential with your information so you can rest easy knowing they can help you if you need your info.
4. CPAs can help you plan. Tax planning is something that people do not realize that a CPA can help you with. Life events and selling of investment assets could change a tax liability. CPA’s have the training and software to help you avoid penalties and interest on your tax return by calculating the need for an estimated tax payment or an adjustment of your federal withholding.
5. CPAs are professionals to the highest degree. They are licensed in their state have continuing education requirements and depend on their reputation to keep their clients. They understand how important your business is to you and your family and they want to help you be as successful as possible. CPA firms realize their success depends on your success.
6. CPAs & their firms are locally involved. Most people do not realize the amount of work a CPA and CPA firms give back to their local community from pro-bono work discounted work and working with their local cities. A CPA is as much a part of their community as every other business and person working and shopping in their area. As a CPA we are not out to just make a living but to help our community become better equipped to handle situations in any economy.
Looking for an accounting firm in Louisville? Contact Lindemeyer CPA. We make tax time less taxing for small businesses and individuals.